Hargol FoodTech Ltd. (“Hargol”, “we”, “our”) is committed to maintaining the privacy of its users (“user”, “you”). The following information describes how Hargol collects and processes information about you when you use our website (the “Website”).
Hargol is an Israeli company active in the FoodTech and AgriTech verticals. Hargol develops an industrial-edible locust habitat based on unique and innovative methods and technologies which produces a variety of edible products (“Products”) enriched with locust protein (“Services”). Among its Products, Hargol offers honey flavored Israeli locust gummies (“Biblical Protein”), designed to strengthen the body, boost growth in children and prevent obesity and diseases such as diabetes. The Website allows users to purchase Biblical Protein online and be provided with information about its nutritious and theological values.
Information from which you can be personally identified may also be collected, including but not limited to your name, address, email address, telephone number, and the location of the computer through which you used the Website (hereinafter: “Personal Information”). Personal Information shall be collected only if received voluntarily from you, including, without limitation, by registering to create an account, completing the contact forms available through the Website, or if you email us or sign up to receive our newsletter.
Use of Information
We use the Personal Information we collect from you for a range of different purpose as described below:
- We collect Personal Information to provide you with the Products you contracted to receive.
- We collect Personal Information to improve and develop our Services and understand feedback on Hargol’s Website and Products and to help provide more information on the use of those Products quickly and easily.
- We collect Personal Information for ongoing review and improvement of the information provided on our Website to ensure it is user friendly.
- We collect Personal Information to improve the management and administration of our business and maintain compliancy with our internal policies and procedures.
- We may use your information to detect and prevent fraud, abuse and security incidents.
- If you have used Hargol’s Services in the past, we may match the data we collect with other data we had already collected. This enables us to understand your needs and interests, optimize the content we send you and make it more suitable and relevant to your needs.
Disclosure of Information and Transfer of Data
In order to perform our contractual and other legal responsibilities or purposes, we may, from time to time, need to share your Personal Information with third parties. We may as well share your Personal Information with our affiliates, subsidiaries or any third party service providers and individuals to facilitate our Services or any portion thereof, such as marketing, data management or shipping services. We will also share your Personal Information with a third-party payment processor to assure that payments for your purchase of the Biblical Protein via our Website are processed in a highly secured manner. Furthermore, we may also share your information with analytics service providers for analytics services. Such analytics service providers set their own cookies or other identifiers on your computer, through which they can collect information about your usage of our Website. This helps us compile aggregated statistics about the effectiveness of our Website and Services.
We may also transfer your information, including Personal Information, in connection with a corporate merger, consolidation, the sale of related assets or corporate division or other fundamental corporate changes. Furthermore, information about you may also be released in order to comply with any valid legal obligation or inquiry or process such as a search warrant, subpoena, statute or court order. We will also release specific information in special cases, such as if you use the Website to perform an unlawful act or omission or take any act or omission that may damage Hargol, its property and goodwill, or if there is an attempted breach of the security of the Website or a physical or property threat to you or others.
You have the right at any time to request to access, delete or modify your information. To exercise these options, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
California Online Privacy Protection Act
According to CalOPPA, when applicable, Hargol agrees to the following:
- You can request to change your Personal Information by emailing us at: email@example.com.
California Privacy Rights
The California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”) permits users who are California residents to request to exercise certain rights. If you are a California resident, the CCPA grants you the right to request certain information about our practices with respect to your Personal Information. In particular, you can request to receive information on the following:
- The categories and specific pieces of your Personal Information that we have collected.
- The categories of sources from which we collected your Personal Information.
- The business or commercial purposes for which we collected your Personal Information
- The categories of third parties with which we shared your Personal Information.
You can be rest assured that we do not sell your Personal Information. If you choose to exercise your rights, we will not charge you different prices or provide different quality of our Services and Products, unless those differences are related to your provision of your Personal Information.
Please note that we will be required to verify your identity and request before we are able to comply with your requests. As a part of this process, government identification may be required.
We endeavor to respond to a verifiable consumer request within 45 days of its receipt. If we require more time (up to 90 days), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing. Any disclosures we provide, will only cover the 12 month period preceding your verifiable request’s receipt. If, for some reason, we cannot reply within such time frame, our response will include an explanation for our inability to comply. If you wish to exercise your CCPA rights, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights. Unless permitted by the CCPA, we will not:
- Deny you goods or services.
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
- Provide you with a different level or quality of goods or services.
- Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
CAN SPAM Act
The CAN-SPAM Act is a Federal US law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out strict penalties for violations.
To be in accordance with CANSPAM, Hargol agrees to the following:
- Not use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
- Identify the commercial message sent to you as an advertisement when required.
- Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters.
- Monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
- Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
- Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email.
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can email us at email@example.com and we will promptly remove you from ALL correspondence.
We may use “cookies” and/or other technologies or files (collectively, “cookies”) to identify how users make use of this Website. This aggregated tracking information may be used to help us improve and enhance the Website experience for all of our users. In addition, cookies are used for adjusting the Website to your personal preferences. Cookies contain information such as the pages you visited, the length of time you stayed on the Website, the location from which you accessed the Website and more. If you would prefer not to have cookies stored on your computer, you may modify your browser settings to reject most cookies, or manually remove cookies that have been placed on your computer. However, by rejecting the cookies, you may be unable to fully access the offerings on this Website. To find out more about cookies, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
The Website is not intended for children under the age of 13. We do not, knowingly or intentionally, collect information about children who are under 13 years of age.
IF YOU ARE UNDER THE AGE OF 13 YOU MAY NOT USE THE WEBSITE, UNLESS PARENTAL CONSENT IS PROVIDED ACCORDINGLY
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
New York, USA This page was updated on May, 2020